Top 6 best upcoming phones in August 2023: Budget-Friendly to Premium Flagships
After a bustling month of July filled with numerous smartphone launches, August appears to be relatively quieter in terms of new releases. Nonetheless, there are still several exciting phones to look forward to in the coming month. In this comprehensive list, we will explore the six best upcoming phones in August 2023. From budget-friendly devices to premium flagships and foldable phones, the market is set to offer a diverse range of options for consumers. So, let's dive into the details of these highly anticipated smartphones.
1. Redmi 12 5G:The Redmi 12 5G is an excellent option for those seeking a budget phone with impressive specifications. Expected to be priced under rupees 15,000 and set to launch on August 1st, this phone offers a large 6.79-inch full HD Plus display with a smooth 90Hz refresh rate. The highlight of this device is the inclusion of Qualcomm's powerful Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 processor, providing efficient performance for its price range. Additionally, users can expect 8GB of RAM, a 50MP dual-camera setup, and the latest Android 13 out of the box. Notably, the phone may also feature a glass back, a rarity in its price category, adding to its appeal.
2. Infinix GT10 Series (GT 10 Pro and GT 10 Pro Plus):Infinix's GT10 series comprises two exciting phones, the GT 10 Pro and GT 10 Pro Plus, targeting the mid-range segment. Expected to be launched in the first week of August, these phones boast a unique gamer aesthetic, incorporating LED lights at the back. However, some users may find the choice of Dimensity 7050 and Dimensity 1300 processors a bit underwhelming, considering the highly competitive mid-range market. On the positive side, both devices feature a 108MP triple-camera setup and a substantial 5000mAh battery, ensuring a compelling overall experience.
3. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Z Fold 5:For premium smartphone enthusiasts, Samsung is set to launch the Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Z Fold 5 in August. Although their global launch is scheduled in July, India will witness their introduction in the following month. The Z Flip 5 is expected to sport a larger cover screen, rivalling the Moto Razer Plus, while the Z Fold 5 retains the tried-and-tested book-style foldable design. Both devices will utilize Samsung's renowned AMOLED panels with high refresh rates and offer powerful Snapdragon processors. The Z Fold 5 is expected to house a 50MP triple-camera setup and a 4400mAh battery, while the Z Flip 5 may come with a 12+12MP dual-camera configuration and a 3700mAh battery.
4. Realme GT Neo 6:Realme, known for offering flagship performance at aggressive prices, is rumored to launch the GT Neo 6 with a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor in the premium segment. The device is expected to feature a 6.7-inch AMOLED display with 1.5K resolution and a remarkable 144Hz sampling rate. A 50MP triple-camera setup, a 4600mAh battery, and the standout feature of 240W fast charging further enhance its appeal. If Realme decides to bring this device to India, it could become a strong contender in the premium segment.
5. OnePlus Open - OnePlus' First Foldable Phone:August holds a significant release for OnePlus fans—the OnePlus Open, the brand's first-ever foldable phone. Expected to feature a book-style fold similar to the Galaxy Z Fold 5, this device is likely to sport a 6.3-inch cover screen and a larger 7.8-inch AMOLED display when unfolded. A Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor ensures flagship-level performance, while a 4800mAh battery keeps the device running all day. The most exciting aspect is the 64MP triple-camera setup, which may include a Periscope camera, a long-awaited addition to OnePlus flagships. The OnePlus Open is rumored to be launched on August 29th.
6. The Comeback of Honor:The return of Honor to the smartphone market is highly anticipated, following speculations and credible leaks. The brand was renowned for offering excellent devices in the past, and consumers are eager to see what it brings this time. Though details are limited, it is speculated that Honor's new lineup may include competitively priced smartphones with attractive features and specifications. The exact launch date and the models to be introduced are yet to be confirmed, but fans are eagerly awaiting the brand's comeback.
The Redmi 12 5G is expected to launch on August 1st, offering a 6.79-inch Full HD+ display, Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 processor, 8GB RAM, and a 50MP dual-camera setup.
Q: What are the standout features of the Infinix GT10 Series (GT 10 Pro and GT 10 Pro Plus)?
The Infinix GT10 Series features a gamer aesthetic with LED lights, a 108MP triple-camera setup, and a powerful 5000mAh battery.
Q: When will the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Z Fold 5 be launched in India, and what are their unique selling points?
These foldable phones are expected to launch in India in August. The Z Flip 5 offers a larger cover screen, while the Z Fold 5 has a 7.6-inch unfolded display and a 50MP triple-camera setup.
Q: What makes the Realme GT Neo 6 a compelling option for premium smartphone users?
The Realme GT Neo 6 is rumored to feature a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, a 6.7-inch AMOLED display with a 144Hz sampling rate, and impressive 240W fast charging.
Q: When will OnePlus launch its first foldable phone, the OnePlus Open, and what makes it special?
OnePlus Open is rumored to launch on August 29th, featuring a book-style fold, Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, and a 64MP triple-camera setup with a Periscope lens.
Q: Is Honor making a comeback in the smartphone market, and when can we expect the new devices?
Honor is expected to make a comeback, offering competitively priced smartphones with attractive features. The exact launch date is yet to be confirmed.
Q: What are the key specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5?
The Z Fold 5 features a 7.6-inch unfolded display, a Snapdragon processor, and a 50MP triple-camera setup. The Z Flip 5 has a larger cover screen, a 6.7-inch unfolded display, and a 12+12MP dual-camera configuration.
Q: What differentiates the OnePlus Open from other foldable phones in the market?
The OnePlus Open offers a unique book-style fold, a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, and a 64MP triple-camera setup with a Periscope lens.
Q: Are the Infinix GT10 Pro and GT10 Pro Plus performance-oriented devices?
The GT10 Pro comes with Dimensity 7050, while the GT10 Pro Plus features Dimensity 1300, both processors cater to mid-range performance.
Q: Will the Realme GT Neo 6 come to India, and what price range can we expect?
There are rumors of the GT Neo 6 coming to India, and if launched, Realme may aggressively price it in the premium segment.